Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Easter Cookie Dough

I don't have any pictures for this one, but I thought I would take the time to document this event. Alex helped me make an entire batch of sugar cookies today! Well maybe not "helped", but he was right in there in the action. I just got all the supplies together and he stood on a chair in the corner of the counter. That is the reason for no pictures, I had my hands full making sure he was safe and that nothing more than a small sprinkling of sugar and flour hit the flour. He got a kick out of touching the different ingredients, smelling the vanilla and watching the mixer change the appearance of the batter as ingredients went in. I was amazed how interested he was. Tomorrow, we are taking our dough with us to Grandma Porter's to cut them out, bake them and decorate them. It should be a good time and I should have pictures to share of that event, as there will be more hands. What fun holiday traditions are!

No comments: