Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our Snowman Family


Every week we have a theme that we do special activities with. We do gross motor, fine motor, baking, read stories, etc around a certain theme. It's a great way to make play more interesting and learn new vocabulary words. The previous week's theme was snow and this week's was family. So, this past week we combined the two and made a snowman family. I got the idea from one of the books we checked out from the library called "Snowballs" the illustrations had snowman made of paper with things around the house to make their parts. I thought it would be fun to replicate. Alex's new fun thing is to build things with the use of the glue gun. Don't worry I'm the one using the glue gun, but he likes to direct. We've built a barn with a silo, a truck and this week (heart week) we will be building a heart valentine box. Alex loved making the snowman and kept asking to make more since. I was about to go into the extended family :)

No comments: