Tuesday, June 28, 2011

First Day of Preschool!



Alex had his first day of preschool today! It's a wierd time of the year to begin school, but he needed it right now. I was looking for preschools for the fall and found this one. I learned they had a more laid back program that was all hands on science learning in the summer. The class is also smaller in the summer (6 kids). I thought this would be the perfect way for Alex to start out. It seems as though I was right. He had a great morning with minimal tears and was excitedly showing me everything he did when I came to pick him up. He has been talking about how he is excited to go back Friday. (I just signed him up for two days in the summer.) I will do more if he shows the need. I loved that it was a very home-like setting. The teacher lives upstairs and runs the preschool out of her walk-out basement. You can't tell by entering that it's someone's home. It looks just like a classroom. She also has a dog and a pig that get frequent visits and lots of outdoor toys, not to mention a fountain that Alex loves. He found a friend quickly that appears to have the same passion for all things electronic like Alex too. They quickly got in a discussion about the ceiling fan about how it turns, how big it was, what color the blades were, etc. To funny to listen to the preschool scientific talk.



He wouldn't take a picture any other way this morning, but I got a good one while we were eating lunch in the fort. It was a beautiful, breezy 70 degree day!



His first picture made at school! They did bubble paiting.

No comments: