The main part of the play structure is basically complete. I was short a few shingles so i had to buy a pack to complete the roof. Also you will notice that some of the siding is painted already it was left over from the house. I had to go buy 2 more sheets to finish. The pitch of the slide was pretty fast so i raised it a little to slow it down. Luke tries to go down it all the time, so we have to watch him. Im going to build some windows out of plexi glass that fold down. Also a large door will be added to the back to allow for the climbing wall. Alex has given me some ideas on what color to paint it, but i think we are going to stick with a neutral color.

I added some handles to the inside so the boys can hang from them. Also tucked some dryer sheets into the plywood of the roof. I read that it keeps spiders away and seems to be working.

Handles were added to the top of the ladder. Above the wheel there is a 2x8 that will hold the beam of the swing set(installed this fall).


Boys love playing in it. Many times now they have eaten their lunch in there with Michelle or one of the sitters. All in all after the swing set is complete i will have a total of about $650 invested in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment