Saturday, February 25, 2012

Alex's 4th Birthday Party!

It was Bob the Builder theme this year. He watches it occasionally on TV, but overall I think it best fit him this year. since Bob the Builder is out of print I had to utilize Ebay and some creativity for decorations. I bought one item at a time from many people to piece things together.




My mom brought these great cookies.


Playing circuits with Aunt Bernadette, there is one that you can make it "sing" Happy Birthday"


Building as usual


Very focused


Grandma telling him about the gift he opened.






Grandpa showing him his DVD player. He loves to watch "home movies" on the computer. He kept calling it his computer to watch movies on. Funny thing is, he has never watched more than 20 minutes of an actual movie. The fact that it came with a charger and remote is definitely a plus.


Wow, this is pretty cool.


Dramatic opening, the pillows that Grandma Porter made


Playing with Rob




Grandpa Phibbs gave him this truck that comes apart, goes back together, makes noises and runs on its own. I think it will keep him busy, a long time.


Luke playing "where's Luke" with Rob


Luke and Grandma


Luke taking a turn with the fishing pole


Alex is getting over a cold, so we used the big cookie Grandma Porter made to avoid coughing and blowing all over the cake.


Pretty happy boy!


I hear a lot of people complain that boys are so boring, but I had a lot of fun making this cake. Alex just smiled and smiled to himself as he giggled when he saw it in the morning. I think it was better than he imagined it would be.


It was checkerboard pattern, to match Bob's shirt!


Me and my birthday boy, a typical 4 year old pose.


This one is a little better

No comments: