On Friday, Alex and I drew pictures, shapes and letters in salt. This was the first time I saw him willing to draw something. Alex has always had the personality of not attempting something until he knows he can nearly be 100% successful. So, I always request him to do something and if he refuses. I model it for him and try again later. Well, Friday he bought into drawing. So I took a picture, since it was going to be quickly erased and I didn't want to loose his first drawings.
 |
| His first drawing of a person. I gave him cues of start with a head, now what does he need to see, etc. Typical mistakes are seen like arms coming out of the head. Eyes off the face, now that's interesting. But, he has a body. |
 |
| I tried to think of other things we could draw with basic shapes. So, I asked him to draw his fort. I drew the initial square and he completed the rest. The roof is a little long, but he got the posts, window, door and slide. The placement is off, but general idea is good. |
 |
| This one if by Luke. I told him to use the bingo dotter to fill in the shapes. I think he did a great job for 25 months! Nice work Luke! I have a feeling he is going to be more the creative/musical mind. We were at my mom's house having dinner last Tuesday. As soon as he was done with dinner and I washed him off, he ran right off to the piano. Suddenly from the kitchen table we could hear him playing. He plays very deliberately , no banging. I went in to make sure he was positioned on the chair okay and he was swinging his legs and nodding his head with the beat. I sense a musician... |
No comments:
Post a Comment