Sunday, June 3, 2012

Visiting Neighbor Chickens

Our neighbor has three chickens.  I didn't know this, but chickens love to dig.  These chickens appear to be free range chickens and frequently dig their way under the fence, go across the ravine and pop up in our yard every once in awhile.  The boys enjoy their visits, but are not quite sure what to think about how safe they are.  I thought it was silly at first how scared they were until I got pretty close.  That beak and claws are pretty threatening looking. 

The boys recognize the sound of them rustling through leaves.  Found them.  This is the closest Luke has gotten, notice the foot still on the ground.

"Hey there's another one!" (Not noticing that the black one came out of the woods and is considering hopping up on the bridge).

AHHHHH!  Now what?!?!

RUN! (the chicken is still on the bridge, behind him)

No comments: