Friday, August 10, 2012

Blueberry Picking

These pictures were taken July 27th.  Kris had the day off after we returned from Lake Huron.  It was a nice laid back activity to do when we a bit worn out from our trip.

We have gone back an additional two times since then, giving us enough blueberries for each week.  I think we have two more weeks for the season.  We need to start going to begin picking some for freezing.  We've picked about 14 pounds so far, but have managed to eat them all before they got to the freezer.


Serious blueberry eating!
Still looking for more!


Holding onto our pickings
Alex helping making blueberry crumble




Alex has been helping with cooking and baking since the time he could stand on a chair.  He is now getting to a level that I can hand him the ingredients and give him the instruction.  I have to watch if he really put in three like I asked.  But he is great at accurately measuring and carrying out each step with minimal mess.  The other day he assembled a veggie pizza with even layers of toppings after I cut up and laid out the ingredients next to him.  Today he filled in all the muffin papers with next to no spilling when we made banana muffins.  He has some great precision.  Oh boy, I think this boy will be making me dinner in the not so far future!

No comments: