We usually spend a little more time on making breakfast on the weekends. This morning we had "oatmeal bar". The kids put on their own ingredients that they wanted.
Luke wanted to play with the sidewalk chalk. So, we made due and did sidewalk chalk inside. We have been thinking about putting down hard wood flooring in the kitchen, but that would require a lifestyle change. It's nice to have durable, easy to clean flooring for all the messy activities that we do. There would be an end to it all with hard wood flooring and I'm not sure if ready for that....
The kids have had a new interest in letters. Both of them at the same time, which I guess worked nicely. Alex has been apposed to anything letters for a long time, it's nice to see him enjoy letter activities. Luke can already identify all his letter and numbers and count to ten with one to one correspondence. He does pretty good with these preschool workbook pages too. Is he really still 2? We just had a conversation today in the car. "I just saw a purple house.(laughing)" Me: "Really that's a silly color to paint a house". Luke: "Yah, it's the same color as my fort." (I let it go a bit, knowing his fort is green, then corrected him.) "Luke your fort is green." Luke, " No, mommy the inside of my fort. The inside of my fort is purple (sounding like duh mom)." I laughed to myself, realizing I'm not in it very often and would not remember that and thinking that was pretty good he could correct me on that in such an adult way.
These cards are great! Alex is putting the puzzle side in order and
Luke it tracing the letters on the other side with his finger. The
letters are bumpy to give some more tactile interest in tracing them.
The kids really enjoy using them to learn letters. Today Alex hung them
all on a make shift clothesline with clothespins. (Yes, his mother is a
peds OT, couldn't tell could you.)
We went on a winter walk to get some exercise after sitting around all week, since the boys were feeling better. We only stayed out for twenty minutes or so, they still fatigue pretty quick.
And now two tired out boys...
No comments:
Post a Comment