Tuesday, July 3, 2012

White Lotus Farm

Last Saturday we visited White Lotus Farm.  It's about ten minutes from our house.  But, this was our first visit (even for Kris who has been to most places in the area).  I heard that they were having a children's day, so we decided to check it out.  We had a great time and bought some veggies and fresh baked bread. 

I love these flowers!  I wish I had somewhere to put something like this.  But full sun is hard to come by in our yard and it seems like anything with a flower gets eaten.  Hanging pots are the only surviving flower in my yard, between kids and animals.




They had quite a few animals running around.  This is Pumpernickel.  We found that baby pigs are very hard to pet.  When you move they move.  You have to basically sit around and wait for them to come to you.

These chickens were very social though.  This cage was for the dog, but it was one of the main attractions for the kids for whatever.  The chicken is checking it out with Alex.  They have 80 chickens there, so they don't have names for the chickens.

Watching Pumpernickel play with his toy.  Alex also found it pretty interesting of the need for him to jump in the water to stay cool.

We bought snap peas for a snack.  Alex dug right in as usual, Luke was a little more hesitant of this so called "snack". 

"What did they say this thing was again?"

"I'll try it."

"So hard to bite!"

The chicken came to see what we were eating.

He enjoyed watching the "farmer" water the crop.  He especially loved that set-up with the hoses.  He wanted one for the backyard.  He wanted to stop at Lowes on the way home to pick up a post. 

No comments: