Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Eve

Santa came on Christmas Eve morning since our Christmas Eve is typically a late night and we have a packed Christmas day. I like having our own time as a family to take hours to open presents and eat breakfast with our pajamas on. Not that there are that many presents, but it seems the kids enjoy opening a present, playing with it a bit and then opening another. The process took about three hours this year, but the kids played the rest of the day with their new toys, making getting ready for company that night very easy.  The Phibbs came over to our home that evening. I have no idea why these pictures are primarily out of focus.  I put it in auto, so that I would generally have a good picture and not mess up the settings.  I did not think metering settings could affect the auto setting, but perhaps they can.  From now on I will set it to the factory settings before the rush of a big event. 



Remote control Thomas!  What he asked for over and over again so excited to get it.
He saw this in a advertisement and never forgot about it. He asked Santa for it when
we visited him and told everyone that he wanted a remote control Thomas that blew
steam.  It did not disappoint.
Air born excitement over Thomas



This was another hit.  Alex has played with this for hours for the past four days and Luke has not had a turn yet, but I think it's a little difficult for Luke still.


Luke's building toy.  I tried to get toys that mirrored skills/themes but were on their skill level.









No comments: